Software Development Engineer @Amazon
I am a software development engineer based in Seattle Washington, specializing in building full-stack cloud-based solutions.
Hello! I'm Raj, a software Engineer based in Seattle, WA.
There are no secrets to success. It's the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. I enjoy creating, innovating, and testing new ideas; eventually, some have worked out. However, for me, the experience is the true wisdom
Masters of Science - Computer Science
August 2018 - May 2021
Post Graduate Diploma - Computer Science
March 2017 - March 2018
Bachlors of Science - Physics
June 2014 - March 2017
- google/youtube(funny yeah but learned a lot from it)
- Dark Chocolates
- Indian Food
Software Development Engineer
Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
August 2021 - Present
- Successfully developed and integrated services with third-party sellers, making financial offers eligible for third-party products and leading to a remarkable 30% increase in business Gross Merchandise Sales (GMS).
- Led a successful migration of the Service Provider Interface (SPI) to ensure consistent data sharing across services, resulting in a remarkable improvement of overall system cohesion by 50%.
- Enhanced integrations with other services by evaluating and collFeMaboratively addressing each edge case with upstream clients, ensuring the provision of accurate financial offers to customers during single-page checkout. This initiative resulted in a substantial 25% reduction in the manual reconciliation process.
- Collaborated on the resolution of failing integration tests and contributed to the optimization of the CICD pipeline for seamless automatic code deployment, resulting in a significant 25% reduction in manual deployment time, equivalent to saving 8 SDE hours weekly.
- Built and fixed the data pipeline in close collaboration with data engineers to generate financial offer usage reporting, resulting in a substantial 15% increase in the business's ability to identify customer trends for different products.
- Led initiatives to enhance Tier-1 development environment availability, resulting in an impressive 80% increase in uptime and accessibility by identifying and resolving 'maxConnectionPerHost' issues.
- Developed and enhanced the reliability of internal dashboards by systematically addressing front-end issues related to forms, implementing robust API exception handling, and mitigating race conditions to ensure seamless performance.
- Implemented scripts for data backfilling and addressing ad-hoc data requests, resulting in streamlined operations and a significant reduction in the number of services required, achieving an efficiency improvement of approximately 20%.
- Implemented and integrated shadow mode testing to mitigate the risk of customer-impacting issues, ensuring a smoother and more reliable user experience.
- Enhanced internal search integration, achieving a 20% improvement in performance of widgets
Projects I’ve have worked on
- Devised a sentiment analysis model to find out movie review sentiment by utilizing XGBoost & deep learning RNN's on Amazon sage maker and deployed it over AWS
- Implemented a virtual memory management system, included support for paging, Virtual Memory and page replacement to and from the backing store by utilizing LRU and FIFO page replacement algorithm
- Populated Elasticsearch with 100 books (230,000 paragraphs) to prepare a search API by leveraging Nginx and NodeJS backend client along with ReactJS as frontend client
FEBRUARY 2, 2021
Today we all know that infinite scroll has become like a standard practice in most websites as from the user’s perspective, it is easy and friction-less, which indirectly helps companies increase...
JANUARY 24, 2021
Frequently we have come across the question of whether we should serve static files with Django or with some cloud-based storage solutions. However, when the system tends to scale, serving static...
Actively looking for new opportunities, my inbox is always open. Whether you have a question or just want to say hi, I’ll try my best to get back to you!Say Hello!